Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2020

Making Connections to Problem Solving

LI: to use Tangram to make connections to problem solving.



For one of our inquiry/math's tasks this week we made Tangrams. Tangrams are supposed to be originally created in the ancient times in China. Normally in the 18th century people delivered things on ships and a way for the sailors to pass the time they used Tangrams. Tangrams are a dissect puzzle, dissect puzzles are puzzles that are cut out and put back together to make something.

First we followed the instructions to cut out an A4 piece of paper into certain shapes (Shapes of the Tangram). After we cut them into the shapes we were set a challenge to use the cut out shapes we had to create a square. After that we challenged ourselves by trying to make other things out of the shapes we had. 

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lukah,

    Wow! I really like your blog post on Making Connections to Problem Solving. One thing that I really liked about this was that, you told the audience about a Tangram and gave more information about it. I have also created a Tangram like how you did it. I think next time try to add more information about the Problem Solving, since that was the point of the activity.

    How did Tangrams help you make a connection to problem solving?

    - Sulia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sulia,
      Thanks for your positive feed back on my blurb and the next time I will add more information to my blurb about the problem solving. Tangrams helped me make a connection to problem solving by trying to figure out the orientation of where certain shapes should be placed.

      Thansks,

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Lukah!

    A tangram sounds very fun and interesting to use. I enjoyed reading your blogpost giving information about tangrams. I suggest adding some more detailed information about problem solving. If you were one of the shipman people, would you enjoy using tangrams?

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fau,
      Thanks for your amazing feed back. If I were one of the ship men people I would suggest Tangrams.

      Thanks.

      Delete