Pages

Thursday 8 April 2021

5 Minutes of Camp

 For our camp celebration task was to create a recount of a past activity we have done while at camp. The activity I chose to write was archery, the point of this task is to paint a picture through a recount. 

Arrows of Hope

As I walked up to the platform, I could feel the adrenaline run throughout my body. A fear of missing shot through me as I knew my group was watching. I took one step, another, and another, and I finally got to the platform.  As I got up to the platform I felt a sudden breeze across my face.

First I grasped the bow and with the other hand I took an arrow out of the tube. I felt a heavy weight on my shoulders as this was the first time I have held an actual weapon. As I put the arrow through the bow I remembered the five f’s; footing, fletcher, fingers, face and fire. Everything seemed right so with excitement I shot the first arrow, the arrow flew faster than I could blink and in an instant it missed the target.


Second, I drew my second arrow. I felt I needed to get the target as I had missed the first shot. I did everything, the f’s, my aim, and so on. With my second arrow I pulled the string back, my hand quivering the more I pulled the string back. I let go of the fletcher and the second arrow was released. In a span of one second it missed the target. 


After the second arrow I took another arrow. In frustration with myself I drew the next arrow, I connected the fletcher with the string and shot the next arrow with hope. In my surprise I had shot the blue circle. In the short amount of time I had feltI had achieved something.


After the activity I felt a sense of achievement as I walked away proud that I had hit the blue circle on the target.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lukah,
    I think your 5 minutes of camp arrows of hope was a perfect title for your recont. I think you did a very good job of writing how you felt when you stepped up on to the platform. Adding a little bit of emotion can improve your writing a lot. Maybe next time add a little bit more into your blurb.

    How did you feel when you missed both shots in Archery?

    Good job Lukah!

    ReplyDelete