Pages

Monday 1 March 2021

Cultural Art | Distance Learning

 LI: To create a piece of cultural art.

Inspired by art creations by Raku Inoue we went outside and collected leaves, twigs, and other plant debris to create our own cultural pattern or symbol. I found it hard to find a variety of leaves i could pick from because all of the plant life at my house looks the same. I enjoyed how I got to show my creativity through leaves and twigs. An interesting fact I found out about Raku Inoue is that he used to have a profession in polymer clay sculpting. The name of my cultural art is Family Flower, the meaning behind the art is that each pedal is a member of my family and the stem is foundation of my family.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lukah

    I love this blogpost as the information you have provided in your blurb has allowed me to make a strong connection to your task. I think the family flower is an excellent example of a connection to your culture as it links so well to the value of family. Well done for keeping your learning going.
    Mrs Anderson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Anderson,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and giving me positive feedback. I made the cultural art based off of my family. If you had created a cultural art work, what you base your art work off of and why?

      Delete
    2. Hi Lukah

      I think I would do what you did and think of my family and the culture I come from. Mine would link to family in NZ and family in South Africa so I would have to think of a way of joining the two cultures together. I think I would also include something that connects with the ocean as it is what connects both countries. What a great question to ask.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lukah
    Your art creation is very beautiful,I think the simplicity of using just 2 different types of leaves worked really well. I love the meaning behind each petal being a member of the family and the stem being the foundation. Great work

    ReplyDelete