Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Kahoa Lole Maths Challenge #1


LI: to find the most efficient strategy to help you to solve the maths question.
For one of my home learning tasks I chose to do some work on my daily maths challenges, this is the first one out of 3-4 for this week, for this challenge we had to find the most efficient strategy to help me get the right answer, this was a division question but we had to get a proper number and the remaining numbers, so the strategy I went for was: I multiplied each Kahoa with numbers from 1, then 2, etc until I got a number that got me close enough to the amount of lollies.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lukah. Unrelated to maths, I learnt what a Kahoa Lole is by reading your maths equations. I didn't know that was what they were called. I like how you used multiple strategies to get the answer and if it didn't work you readjusted and tried again. That is what it takes to be a good mathematician. If nana makes 98 Kahoa Lole and all up she uses 4,606 lollies. How many lollies did nana put in each Kahoe Lole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms Pryde
    I didn't know what a Kahoa Lole was either, until I searched it up. Also thanks for the positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete