Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2020

SLJ Week 1 Activity 4

 LI: to make insect art using plant life.


For our fourth summer learning journey activity for the first week we were tasked at making insect art by using the plant life (twigs, leaves, flowers, etc) in school grounds. We picked an insect in mind and gathered the required things to create the insect. I chose a dragon fly so I gathered some twigs, leaves, flowers and some long fuzzy things. I then pieced my parts together to create my dragon fly. I think I could've moved the wings up to show the quadruple wings properly. I named my dragon fly Tastu as it means "dragon" in Japanese. I split 2 leaves into halves to create the wings, I then used the twigs as the body and some flowers as the head and antennae.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lukah,
    I really liked reading your blog post today! Your art looks amazing! I liked that you have added interesting facts about your insect. The thing I liked the most about this activity was that we learnt how to be creative but at the same time we also learnt more about our insect. Did you find watching the video helpful? If yes, how did it help you?
    Keep up the great work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Lukah,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ program.

    Wow this is an awesome dragonfly! I really like that you used five different materials to create this. Did it take long to gather them all?

    Did you enjoy this activity? I love being outside and art so this would be a great activity for me.

    I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    Mā te wā,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lukah It was really interesting reading about your blog today. It was really creative how you used the sticks as the body of your dragonfly, What was the best part of the activity? mine was when I got to put all the parts together to make my insect. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Lukah,

    As I was scrolling through your blog, I noticed this supercilious peice of art. I have also done this on my blog, and it was really fun & creative, how id you feel when doing this activity? I really like how you have expressed the character of your insect, and how you made it. Maybe next time, try to add in who you got inspired by?

    Who inspired you to make this?

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lukah,

    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I liked how you told us what materials to make a dragonfly and I liked how you measure the wings so they look exactly the same.

    Why did you made a dragonfly?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malo e Lelei Lukah

    Reading your blurb today was very interesting to read about what you had gathered to create your insect art. I think that you did a good job with this task becuase it looks really amazing. I have also done this activity for the Summer Learning Journey and I found it really fun to do becuase I liked collecting the materials.

    What was your favorite part of the activity did you enjoy doing the most?

    Keep up the Great Work!

    ReplyDelete