Pages

Saturday 26 December 2020

Activity 13 Week 2 | Cyphers

 LI: to learn the different ciphers and how they decode certain texts.

 
For my thirteenth acivity for the summer learning journey I learnt about different ciphers and how they decode messages. I learnt about the Caesar cipher, Atbash cipher, Playfair cipher, and the Pigpen cipher. My favorite cipher was the Atbush cipher as it was the most simplistic but it was still challenging. The format of this cipher is that the alphabet is reversed ( A = Z B = Y, etc). I found this activity really fun because I enjoy doing ciphers and decoding secret messages in a text.  


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lukah,

    Fiona here from the SLJ team. Well done on creating a very cool code using Atbush Cipher! I really enjoyed reading your blog post and watching your video - it taught me so much. I really like the way you explain what your code is all about and give your readers a very helpful tutorial - ka pai!

    This is my first time ever learning about Atbush Cipher and I found it pretty tricky to work out what your secret message was!

    For this post I am awarding you BONUS POINTS because you Stepped it Up and shared an awesome video on your blog. Well done!

    I'm so glad that you enjoyed this activity. Have fun writing more secret messages.

    Great work,
    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete