Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Three Facts About Maui

LI: To find three facts in the text about Maui.
Today I was doing an activity from the summer learning journey. The activity that I chose was "Maui and the giant fish. The first fact that I found was that Maui caught a massive fish, then his brothers ate it and then over hundreds and thousands of years, those chunks of the fish became the north island as we know today. The second fact is Maui got his jawbone (hook) from his ancestor, Murirangawhenua. The final fact is Maui was skinny back then and his brothers made fun of him. So if Maui didn't get on that boat and catch the fish that means we wouldn't have a north island. Also the Maori name for the north island is Te ika a Maui.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lukah!

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! It's great to have you blogging with us these holidays. I hope you enjoying learning more about New Zealand's history and have a great holiday.

    These are some great facts about Maui. I didn;t know that the Māori name for the North Island is Te Ika a Maui, so I learned something new too!

    I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Lukah
    I hope you are having so much fun.... I really love your facts

    ReplyDelete